Beginning Earth Day 20??, invoking the American spirit of exploration and discovery, H2O Treks will commence an epic underwater quest to dive all 50 states. Follow the team on their journey, increasing awareness of and appreciation for our most valuable resource, water.
H2O Treks undertaking is also meant to showcase the amazing world around us. As we “Dive, Dine, and Dash” to each state highlighting not only the world below us, but the communities around us. This is meant to be a true “social, local, and mobile” endeavour. We want you to join us as we travel around. To see about how you can join in the adventure, go to our participation section.
There's water all around us. Have you ever wondered what's going on under the water in your own town? There's another world down there at the bottom. We all look up at the stars and dream about what's light years away - well, this planet is 70% water, that's pretty awe inspiring, and the great news is that it's right here for us to explore.
H2O Treks follows a team as they travel on a breathtaking adventure through all 50 states diving to the bottom of local waters, discovering the hidden wonders concealed within the underwaters. When not under the water, dining on local cuisine and partaking in OCRs (obstacle course races).
An unprecedented underwater adventure designed to raise awareness about opportunities to explore what is around. While highlighting water… our planet’s most precious resource.
We are a group of friends that fell in love with diving from our very first giant stride. While we always have diving on the brain, ultimately we are impassioned to promote, share, and teach about what has become a life changing activity. To learn more, go to the team section.
Today, our water is increasingly threatened: Climate change, overuse, and pollution are jeopardizing access to and availability of water. Compounding the age-old battle of man against nature, water scarcity is increasingly setting man against man. “The wars of the next century will be about water,” said Ismail Serageldin, former World Bank Vice President
Our Mission: The Means to Bring Awareness Water covers nearly 70% of the planet and we rely on it for consumption, industry and sanitation. Many of these wonderful locations are rapidly deteriorating. Join us as we explore with support of public participation, citizen scientists, universities, and environmentally conscience businesses as they are turning the tide. We are bringing breath taking views above and below the surface while highlighting awareness from people's own home states, visiting locations such as oceans, rivers, and lakes.
This is meant to be a true “social, local, and mobile” endeavor. We want you to join us as we travel around. To see about how you can join in the adventure, click through the sections below. We want to hear from you, lets us know your area of interest. Sign up for out news letters to learn more about what activities are going on in your area.
1. Volunteer / Citizen Scientist: Whether during any one of our scheduled events (bioblitz) throughout the country, or just as a fun activity on your own, collecting data and being to act local, contributing globally.
2. Divers Alert Network Study: Project Dive Exploration (PDE) Project Dive Exploration is an observational research of dive exposure and outcomes. The study collects and analyzes electronic dive profiles as recorded by a depth/time recorder for the purpose of conducting statistical analysis of the risks of decompression sickness. Divers report their health status 48 hours after exiting the water.
1. Scuba Divers: As we travel around the country, many may be interested in joining us at various locations to also explore and experience the wonder below the surface. Due to the wonderful support of scuba manufacturing companies such as Halcyon and Santi along with Global Underwater Explorers, see the list of scheduled locations and event dates you can join us.
If you plan to join us, we require advance notification as well as a refundable deposit of $25 per dive site to secure a spot.
If exploring and trying scuba diving is something you have always wanted to do, we will have specific dates and locations listed where we will conduct Discover Scuba opportunities. Space and time is limited and a participation fee of $100 will be required to secure a spot.
2. DINE: Obviously we are going to have to find sustenance and lodging along the way, with support from TripAdvisor, and with the participation of people like you, we will be also trying to find AMAZING cuisine as we tour the variety of this great country. We want you to join us as we dine are way about the tour.
3. DASH: With support from the social navigation app WAZE we will be able to share our travel route, live and available to all to see. We are going to try and avoid as much highway driving as possible (when time allows) to see all that makes up the communities we travel through. We want you to join us as we travel, meet up and share tales. Dash is also for participating on OCRs (obstacle course races).
4. Guinness World Record event - details TBD
1. Social Media: Even if you can’t join us on the road, you can share with us locations you want to bring awareness to, posting them to our various sites. Pictures and videos, comments, posts, and articles are all amazing ways to continue to share. We want you to be involved and we want to support your continued interest.
2. Donations: In support of these many activities, we are always looking for financial support. Of course, donations in general are always excepted of any denomination. As a supporter we offer a variety of levels of options; (prices are high because they cover cost of materials plus go to support various non-profit activities) All logo clothing is done by a Connecticut based business, Ink13.
We are wanting to foster and nurture the passion and interest of minds from around the world.
Internships will range based on individual participation availability from 1 to 6 months, with options to renew based on school programs. The intern participant paired mentor, measurable goals, and a chance to challenge themselves unlike anything they have done before.
Intern programs with focus on:
All programs will require the ability to travel with the team. There will be physical activities and the opportunity to explore both above and below the the water. Certification in scuba diving is not required but is highly desired.
Learn by living and explore by interacting. We look forward to working with various interns from around the country.
As we travel around, we expect to meet an amazing range of personalities that help showcase their local history and places that we visit.
Part of this challenge is not always knowing what we will find. The adventure is the journey, the people we meet and sites we discover are the rewards.
Not everything takes place underwater. From logistics, to data collection, social media updates, the team that helps us stay on track, and ensure we keep striving for our goals.
There is always parts we forget to mention, so they all go here :-)
We are going to be driving around the country. Can it endure all that we are going to throw at it and more as our silent partner and character?
Protagonist, lead diver, his passion for the water, business, and hoping to find a piece of himself as he discovers the world around him.
While they are behind the scenes, they are a critical facet to what is happening, because they have to be everywhere we are going.
Protagonist and lead diver. At 6'4" Stretch is a gentle giant. As an artist, business owner and the father, under the water is where peace is found.